Wednesday, October 25, 2017

Yosemite Adventures

Kara Sahagian
October 25, 2017

This morning Tracy and I woke up well rested, warm, safe, and free from falling pinecones. Why you might ask? Because we slept in a tent! We were blessed again when we all stuffed our bellies full of Austin's wonderful breakfast. Thanks, again, Emma, for making the fluffiest warm pancakes only an angel could make. We cleaned the kitchen up and packed into the one van to see some sequoia trees. I knew sequoias were big trees but I did not actually know until I saw them in person. My mind was blown. The rest of the day we had to ourselves. Some of us went to the visitor center and then the village store. Once we were done being typical tourists, Sean and I sat at the shuttle stop waiting for a shuttle so that we could take a glorious shower at our next stop. We waited and waited. I was getting antsy. I kept thinking about that shower. Why wasn't a bus coming? I went to look for times that the shuttles ran when I saw it...A white sign that said :This shuttle stop is closed. Please go to stop #4 for the next shuttle." I cannot begin to describe how stupid I felt. We successfully got onto the next available shuttle towards the marvelous showers. Once I got into the women's bathroom, my joy quickly turned into sadness as I saw around 15 high school school girls an their teachers waiting in line to get a shower. One by one, I moved up the line. I wanted to cry tears of happiness but I knew these ladies would not understand the struggle of how rare a shower is on ECOEE. I held the tears in as I walked down to the newly opened shower. The steaming hot shower did not disappoint. Thank you, Yosemite for your beloved, warm showers. ECOEE 2017 is grateful. I was so clean that I did not even care that I got lost on my back to camp. Thanks to our wonderful graduate assistant, I was rescued. This reason #43 on why she gets paid the big bucks.

No comments:

Post a Comment