Thursday, October 12, 2017

Mount Wantahachaloogie



Ashley Demers
10/12/17

The day started off with Kara coming into the tent and telling us her story about her night of no sleep and a dark shadow believed to be a bear, as well as the truth of how stinky Tracy, Chris and I are in our sleep. After that we tucked Kara in and began our day and of course we struggled with our stove but coffee was made with the help of the other tent group, so all was good. We started our long hike trying to make it too sheep steps. Along the way we had some slips and about two hours into the hike my legs gave out and I fell deep into the snow, its safe to say that the snow ate me. As we got further along the trail less footprints were to be seen. We got to the point where the snow was so deep we looked like cute little corgi’s hopping in a line through the snow. We started racing with the clock and 2:00pm came around so we stopped where we were, and climbed to a rock and looked out at the view. Trying to catch my breathe from awe, looking out you could see all of the valley and even more. While enjoying the view it sank in more and more and it’s safe to say I’m in love with the mountains, and I never thought I’d say that. While being up there Tracy said to us, ‘Hey guys I’ll say shark bate, you say ooh ahh ahh’, so Tracy says ‘Shark bate’ and Emma panics and just screams instead, while the rest of us say ‘ooh ahh ahh’. Okay writing it down wasn’t so funny but to us it is. As we made our hike back down we all told our stories of one another, which was hysterical! We made our dinner slowly and struggling, while also making a lot again. As I’m now sitting in the tent the mega lite, with it nicely tied down and all of our stuff along the edges, Tracy nuked Kara and I to the point where we were dying. On the bright side the bear won’t come and visit this stinky tent.


No comments:

Post a Comment