Sunday, October 22, 2017

Emerald Pools


Ashley Demers
October 22, 2017

Waking up to knowing I would not be in Bryce anymore to look at the stars a night I was bummed, but going to Zion today I was excited! Doing the research and planning the week was just making me want to come more and more. We start our drive into Zion and my eyes lite up like kids at a candy store. Seeing the mesas when we first arrived and driving through the one miles long tunnel I was smiling ear to ear. (P.s. there’s a dead spider on this page, right about this spot.) Every turn I took, every look up, the beauty of the sandstone took me away with the iron giving the rock that red tint. We made our way to our campground, which was very cool, due to the cacti, I think but is very tight corridors. We hung out at the camp for a while, while Kara, Boz and Jeff went to town to get Kara some hiking shoes for her tendinitis. We couldn’t wait no more so Chris and I took our group on a hike, but first we took a shuttle. That’s where I dared everyone to do the limbo and Emma of course tried, while Chris and a few others shared Sean’s chew five gum dare and truths along the way. We make it to our stop where we all stick together and start our hike to upper Emerald pools. But at the trailhead a dew of us had to take our pants off to continue in the heat. Once we had layers off we set off on our hike. We passed over a bridge that looked out to the Mountains, with the creek flowing through. The further we got the more colorful the trees became with reds, oranges, yellows, greens, and some blue from the juniper berries. We made it half way to the little waterfall which was more of drips but still beautiful. Once at the top we enjoyed the view.

            “When the peak is worth reaching, the climb won’t be easy. You can’t grow without growing pains. It’s impossible to get to your success by skipping the process. Just because everything isn’t going right, doesn’t mean your path is wrong.” Trent Shelton


No comments:

Post a Comment