Friday, October 20, 2017

Bryce Canyon


By: Austin Orr
October 20, 2017
Waking up in Otter Creek Campground it was a lot colder than when I went to bed. I scrambled to find layers and slowly emerged from my tent. I grabbed my water bottles, Tang, an emergen-c and made my "hope to get better" concoction. I don't know if it's working but as long as I believe it is that's all that matters. Right? As we wrapped up breakfast we got in the van earlier than planned and got on the road to head to Bryce Canyon.

After arriving at Bryce Canyon, we selected a few campsites, we set up some tents, marked our campsites, and paid for them. We then went over to the visitor center where some went to watch the video and others, to know surprise, went to the gift shop. After getting my National Park Passport stamped I went to the exhibit and walked around. I soon realized I am not a fan of crowds and got out of there. After everyone did what they wanted to at The Visitor Center, we made our way to Rainbow point and got to see some amazing views as we made our way down the road making stops at every overlook. I was an awe at every site and fell in love with Utah.

We made our way back to camp where I gave my controversial issue on should motorized Outdoor Pursuits be considered in adventure programming? Kara also indulged us on mammals and how the baby sometimes looked different than the adults. We even got to learn how to make sounds like a koala. Soon after we started cooking supper where Chris tried making a soup we ended up with a spinach pasta thing instead. Either way it was delicious the Bacon Wrapped Little Smokies covered in brown sugar and cayenne were all so delicious. I never want to leave this trip, but I know the sites we see and the skills we learn will be beneficial and help us in everyday life when I return to our homes.


"In this world a man must either be an anvil or a hammer." -Henry W Longfellow

No comments:

Post a Comment