Friday, October 6, 2017

Traveling To The Tetons



Austin Orr
10/6/17
The morning was a nice slow start as we got to sleep in. This was a nice change especially since I got little sleep the night before. The drive to our first stop in Rexburg was short. We went to Walmart to get the final items for our rations, which was surprisingly not much, and any personal items. We then loaded up after finishing shopping and eating lunch to finish the drive past Driggs to reunion flat campground. After arriving we unloaded and relaxed, or at least some did. After Sean and I finished setting up our tent I grabbed all of my bags to find all of my dirty, smelly, and food covered clothes and put them all in my 40 liter dry bag. During this, the realization that we have no water spout sunk in. We are soon going to be getting back into the routine of filtering water. It might be more rewarding but I still don't like it. Ashley and I went exploring just to be sure that none of the spouts worked. While walking Ashley thought she saw a man but we kept walking. After backtracking we saw a trail. When we walked down it we discovered the man wasn't a man at all, it was just Bob. We checked out the creek and found little shelters built up and down it. Chow circle was an interesting one as when I sneezed I didn't quite cover my nose in time and a few boogers flew across and landed on Boz. Many laughs were had and I was red in embarrassment. Boz and I couldn't look at one another. After we got ourselves under control we had manwiches for supper as we were reminded manwiches are a meal.

Almost forgot that we had lost our beloved Papa Jeff who had to go find someone to jumpstart the van. Lesson learned don't charge electronics when only the heat is on.

After his return we all slowly calm down from our sugar highs of frosting, graham crackers, and chocolate and started finishing cleaning up camp. I sat down to work on this journal and could feel the breeze picking up. Only too my surprise it wasn't the breeze but a mouse running up and down my thigh. If I had to get up close and personal with any Wildlife I am glad it was that Mouse and not a bear or a wolf. I personally can't wait to see what the Tetons bring us.


"Being called weird is like being called limited edition. It means you're something people don't see that often. Remember that."  -Dr Who.


No comments:

Post a Comment