Saturday, October 14, 2017

Different Lifestyle


Ashley Demers
10/14/17

It’s the middle of the night, I’m awake and staring at the ceiling…confused…asking myself what’s that dim light I see, I look around more I see more lights, I’m hearing this noise oh yeah I forgot I’m in a building. That light is the fire alarm and the other electronics. Waking up to not having to make breakfast and to just walking down the hall to the continental breakfast was so odd, I still can’t believe it’s happening and the day is over. Most of us got our fix of waffles that we sadly cannot make on ECOEE. After we fill our bellies with food we did not have to make, we started our debriefs of our old LOW’s, of out tent groups and how the Teton expedition went. While in my tent group evaluation my stomach was aching, it started bubbling and I knew if I did not do anything about it soon I was going to puke. I ran and got tums that I hate so much stood there a second and went back. Long story short don’t down handfuls of M&M’s in the matter of an hour, it’ll make you sick to your stomach. After that and after our expedition debrief we all learned that the cold is not really for us besides Chris he functions well in the mountains and the cold. A few of us had to go shopping and most ended up going. On our way back there was a rumor of a really good huckleberry milkshake in town. Jeff stopped for us and we ran indoors. My mouth salivating, I bought myself a purple monster, which was huckleberry and Oreo ice cream. Let’s just say I wanted like 50 of these shakes. We ended our night with a great meal and a nice dip in the hot tub.

            “When we open our eyes to nature, we discover new things with their own stories to tell…” MB


No comments:

Post a Comment