Sunday, October 8, 2017

Limbo Teton Day




Chris Friday
October 8, 2017 

This morning I awoke to the sound of snow pirates bombarding my vessel, trying to get me to surrender my booty. They knew I was vulnerable for I was alone in my tent for the first time on this trip. I didn’t budge though. Today marked the first day going at this expedition with only eight members, as Bob had made his departure the previous day. I must say, it was weird going to bed last night to an empty tent, but then I had my own tent so that was pretty sweet. When I finally did emerge from my snow-covered tent, I found several of us creating a mini snow man dubbed Winston. He bore a striking resemblance to our president, although he was a little less orange than the Trump critter. After the completion of Winston, we ate some biscuits and gravy prepared by the Emily creature. After we had  a lengthy meeting on what exactly had occurred with Bob and the rest of the group. Much needed light was shed on several situations throughout the meeting. The snow had begun to pile up and the cold was beginning to settle into many of us, so we decided to take shelter in the nearby town for the day. Due to the Mormon lifestyle, much of the town was closed up. We found a nice little bakery place where the nice owner lady let us set up home upstairs, which was probably the most comfortable place many of us had been in the past few weeks. Austin may or may not have been served a mimosa and I had the best coffee cake I have ever had. I licked the plate clean because of it trying to get any remaining crumbs. Sadly, we could only stay until two, for it was closing so we moved onto the town’s recreation center to mooch off of their wifi for a while. I didn’t stay there long though, for I set out to find some food with a few companions. We found a bar called Royal Wolf. Of course, as soon as we left and got back to the rest of the group, the rest of the group decided it was time to eat themselves. Even better, they decided to go to the bar we had just left. Once the rest of the group had been fed, we made our way back to camp where we made hot drinks and cleaned tables off. I am sorry I couldn’t clean off more of the ice, I tried my best. Tomorrow we embark on our journey into the mountains. I for one, and may be the only one, am very excited for this portion of the expedition. I have been looking forward to this since the first draft of the itinerary was made. I wish anyone who struggles with the cold, good luck and keep your feet dry. Let us begin!

No comments:

Post a Comment