Wednesday, October 18, 2017

Chasing Warmth


By: Tracy Ellis
October 18, 2017
I awoke wishing I could hear the beautiful mooing sound of the cows that we were fortunate enough to drive by yesterday, but unfortunately, I could not. After that sad realization, I briefly looked down at my watch thinking I had beat my alarm, but of course, that thought was too good to be true. I had actually overslept and all the layers that I had put on last night in my desperation for warmth must have been the cause of me not hearing the beeping. I exited the tent, said hello to our mice friends in the bathroom, and got ready for breakfast. Kara filled our bellies with some delicious potatoes and sunny side up eggs on top. A nearly perfect way to start our day. All 10 of us piled in the van as majestically as usual and we hit the road. As we cruised by the unique beauty of the Tetons, all the memories came flooding into my head. Even though our group had mixed feelings about the cold, we still had a great time. We were very blessed to wake up to these mountains every day. But unfortunately, all good things must come to an end, but this means we can make room for more experiences. So south we go- towards the warmth that we are all so desperately craving. As we get into Utah the landscape begins to change and my excitement boils as I see all the reds, greens, and purples in the mountains around us. We found a great camp site and Kara made us one of the best dinners we have had so far- Kara’s chicken surprise. Let it be known that Kara promised two things today.

  1. That she will make us this dinner again.
  2. That she has purchased and drank her last Monster energy drink on ECOEE 

THE END
PS. I JUST HEARD COWS!!!!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment