Monday, October 16, 2017

Reunion Flat Reunion


Emily Maze
October 16, 2017

            I woke up at 7am to head down to the continental breakfast for my PB&J English muffins. We were told to be ready to drive to the 99.9% campsite by 9, but it turned out the 0.1% won. Reunion Flat is only about 20 minutes away so we soaked up WIFI for another 2 hours, I personally napped though. By 11, we were packed and ready to go.

            I really enjoyed my weekend with Boz and I teaching Kara the ways of the introverted and learning a lot about each other; although, I bet Kara did not enjoy having me take up the bed and steal the covers.

            Before going to Reunion Flat, we stopped to get groceries and mail newsletters. Tracy, Boz, Sean, Emma, and I went to the post office. While waiting for each envelope to be weighed, I was amused watching Sean and Boz look through and comment on a box of toy dinosaurs and Barbie type dolls.

            After that, I figured I should get a huckleberry Oreo milkshake at the Old-Fashioned Soda Fountain while I still had the chance. The first taste is huckleberry and then an after taste of Oreo.

            When grocery shopping was done, we returned to Reunion Flat where there were fond memories of waking up to ice on our tents and building a snowman that ended up looking like Trump.

            There were a bunch of lessons and discussions taught by Ashley, Sean, and Austin. Then, we found an interpretation going on nearby by a woman named Ashley Bozman. We learned most of us don’t know the words to the song of America, The Beautiful which tied us into her theme of freedom of animal migration. We played a game as an animal trying to make it to our end place in migration, but sadly Sean died of disease and Emma and I got hit by a train.

            It got really cold as the day went on and I think I can say all of us want to keep moving south except Chris who prefers living like a polar bear.

No comments:

Post a Comment