Wednesday, October 4, 2017

Old Faithful


Ashley Demers
October 4, 2017


Starting off my day with a cup of coffee as well as a cup of sugar in my coffee, I knew it was going to be a great day! We started off with some yummy soup, a nice hardy breakfast. Are adventures began with seeing a trumpeter swan, and for some they thought it looked like a block of ice. Shortly after that we saw a huge herd of bison! All but I, got out to get a closer look at the bison that were just feet away. Sadly my feet were frozen so I stayed in the van. After the amazement of the bison, we were heading our way out and a bunch of them just started bolting. We made our way to a familiar site, which I’ve seen before called fountain paint pot where this time I picked up the booklet and red along to the self-guided trail. After seeing the pretty colors, the mud pots bubbling and the lodge pole trees all dressed up with their bobby-socks, I still enjoyed it just like the first time. On our way too old-faithful we saw two coyotes that were so pretty! Just as majestic as the view that we saw at the top of mystic falls trail. After huffing and puffing and taking off layers we made it to the top and sat in awe. Way off in the distance you could see old-faithful bursting into the sky! Then we made our way down to old faithful. As we sit there in front of old-faithful just waiting patiently, she finally starts to erupt and my excitement is just going…yay! Tracy, Emily and I hike our way around the park and finally found a young man named Leo and asked him where we can eat. After eating our hotdogs we went back to Leo to ask about where the showers are and this guy hooked us up! He said just walk in, act normal, they won’t know. So Tracy and I hiked our way to the second floor and took a free shower! Now my hairs happy, I’m happy and just need some sleep. So goodnight.


No comments:

Post a Comment