Tuesday, September 26, 2017

The Wildest Ride in the Wilderness

Kara Sahagian
9/26/17


I woke up this morning rather sluggish and tired. It wasn’t anything that a cup of coffee couldn’t fix. Once my java joy was acquired, I remembered that we were heading out west today. I was so excited to be heading out west so that I could see way more beautiful landscapes than what the Midwest has to offer. We had a rather long ride ahead of us but that was no problem when you have a monster energy drink, another coffee, and a playlist full of songs that you can jam out to. Having Tracy up front with me helped too, I guess. We made it to our alternate campsite where we found out that the campsite water source was infected with E-Coli and the air smelt like cow turds. It was also cold out so this Florida girl struggled all night trying to seem like she wasn’t shaking like a leaf but she was shaking very much so. It is currently 12:11am and that is early for me compared to the time I have been going to bed for the last two weeks. Peace out Minnesota, tomorrow we head for the Badlands in South Dakota.


No comments:

Post a Comment