Tuesday, September 12, 2017

Reflection


Julia Fetty
9/12/17
            Today I woke up this morning and wondered, how do we only have 5 days left of our expedition in Canada? How it is that we have accomplished so much and grown so immensely within the last 23 days? I never knew I could feel this much change within this short amount of time.
            I realized later on the day how grateful I am surrounded by some pretty motivational, positive and determined people. While traveling on a portage, I hear my ECOEE fam singing songs and making sure that all of our experiences are filled with any fun that we can bring. We all support each other in any way that we can, and I am so happy that I am able to experience this adventure with these humans who radiate positive vibes.
            While scouting more rapids later on, there was a lookout on the trail. I wish that there were more lookouts on our trails. Seeing the river from a higher viewpoint made the river look even more astoundingly beautiful than when I am paddling.
            Once we arrived at camp for the day, we started our lessons. A book discussion that stood out for me was Ashley’s, which was about the significance of place and the connections we all have in specific places. This discussion reminded me of all of the memories I have gained thus far on the trip and the places that connect with the memories.
            At the end of the day, instead of debriefing, Jeff read us a story which I think helped all of our spirits. Kara then added a quote to the story which helped me reflect on this trip even more:
“The choices, the changes are all yours to make, the mold of tomorrow is in your hands to shape.”

I could not relate more to this quote and I know I will come back to it as time goes on ECOEE.


No comments:

Post a Comment