Monday, September 4, 2017

Big Beaver Rapids


Ashley Demers
September 4, 2017

Beep Beep… Beep Beep… Beep Beep…Beep Beep. Ahhh! It’s 5:30 am and I actually don’t want to get up. But of course I do. I wish my tent mate Tracy a Happy Birthday and my day gets started. As our morning went on we made it to the
 rock garden which really was a rock maze. We had to zig-zag our way through to the end without getting stuck. Lets just say we all lost at not getting stuck. We made it to a huge rock and stopped to enjoy the view. Right before that we saw our river friends once again. We took off and mother nature gave us the gift of rain…..lots and lots of rain. The thunder rolled in and we pulled off the river to hide under the trees. Most of us cuddled together to stay warm, and we sat and waited. That time waiting was the coldest and wettest I’ve been, I lost all feeling in my fingers and toes. Like Emma said, “If I ever have a bad day back at home I’ll remember that moment and know it’s not so bad after all”. We finally made it to Big Beaver Rapids, where we said our last goodbye to our river friends and settled in to our new home. The view of this rapid is making me more of a rapid junky. I’m sitting on the edge of the rapid, high on a rock, over looking the whole rapid. The roaring sound of the water, running down, clashing up against the rocks, and the view…oh man the view is just making my heart race. As I sit here on this edgy rock, feeling the cool breeze against my face, hearing the water flowing and roaring. Seeing the water clash, splash and bubble with the background of the winding river and the still green pine trees… This right here is a moment I will NEVER forget. This spot, this part of Canda, this place, I will remember. This is a spot I will be adding to my tattoo. This is a happy place.

            “Nature’s a families masterpiece” ~Author Unknown


No comments:

Post a Comment