Sunday, September 10, 2017

Time Flies When You're Having Fun


Kara Sahagian
9/10/17

Today we embarked on our last Sunday on the river. I cannot believe that we are already on our last week of our canoe expedition. I guess time really does fly when you are having fun. Waking up at 5:30AM and starting your week as a “leader of the week” may not sound very fun but I truly have been enjoying my time even on these long days. We plowed our way through the 16 miles of paddling, went down a few rapids (and half a switch that we weren’t supposed to go down) and even saw a cute owl. I have to constantly remind myself to stop and take moments on the river in. Mental snap shots of the beautiful Canadian landscapes are my presents I give myself each day. Once we arrived at our campsite, Jeff gave us a lesson on judgment where I found out how long the Nile River really is and that I need to, in deed, work on my judgment skills (or lack there of). Dough babies were made and delivered successfully and there was even an ECOEE engagement. We learned that our ECOEE 2017 family isn’t so bad after all and that we can laugh and cry together (but mainly crying from laughter). I appreciate how this group is filled with fun and jokes. I’ve learned and grown so much already and cannot wait to experience more to come. Here is to our last week of canoeing down the Missanaibi. Let us make the most of it. 

No comments:

Post a Comment