Monday, September 25, 2017

New Beginnings


Austin Orr
9.25.17
Our days began all a little different from one another as we would be meeting up at 8:30, each waking up in a different location. When I awoke I almost forgot that I had spent the night at Shawn’s fraternity house.
As each of us returned slowly but surely, we got together and put out all of the food to pull rations for the Tetons. This being round 2 of ration pulling felt much better about what I was grabbing until I had to fit it all in a small duffle know I will as those are essentials to have, at least in my eyes. All the while Emily and Tracy were busy printing newsletters with a few complications
As that wrapped up Shawn, Kara, and Tracy all set out to the school with Boz and Jeff to talk to Dr. Yoder’s RPTA 111 class about ECOEE. They took along the video I created and I heard it all was a success. Plenty of questions were asked that seemed relevant as I was told.
While they were off at school talking in front of the class, the rest of us were back here in the blazing heat, cleaning the trailer, folding maps, inventorying food from the rations pull, and reorganizing the trailer. I stepped up on the organizing front but kind of left thinking I took it all a little too seriously.
Wrapping up the day the ECOEE men took all we needed to back to Horrabin, or so we thought. We returned to find 1 measly box still left.
Everything calmed down slowly and people started packing all of their stuff for the west bound trip. I’m excited and nervous at the same time but I know this will be the best experience of our lives.

“without hard work, nothing can grow but weeds.” - Gordon B Huntly.

No comments:

Post a Comment