Thursday, August 31, 2017

Mashed Potatoes and Leeches


Julia Fetty
8/31/17
            I woke up to a chilly morning with a bowl of warm mashed potatoes. I must say, I have no complaints to this mistake. Consuming mashed potatoes was much more enjoyable than cream of wheat. (Thanks Bob!)
            After breakfast was through, we left my favorite campsite yet. I loved the rusty old water tower, bear prints and I will always remember teaching my first outdoor education lesson there. We started out with excitement, having our canoes packed and ready to go before 7:30. (score!)
            We traveled smooth waters and headed out of the portage, our eyes zoomed toward our destination, frightened. We saw white caps ahead, so we decided to stay back and camp, hoping that the winds will die down for tomorrow.

            I ended my day with a massive leach sucking my blood out of my left ankle. Let’s just say that my mashed potato morning beat my leech afternoon.


No comments:

Post a Comment