Sunday, August 13, 2017

Journal #2

8/13/17
Author: Michael Dennis
Location: Horn Field


Day 2 of ECOEE began at 6:30 A.M. to the sound you of people getting things ready for the day and the smell of pancakes.  During breakfast I thought to myself how this day is going to go? I knew it would be fun no matter what Jeff may throw at us! I was right… I learned how to take care of the van which was a refresher for me.  Then we moved on to spring Lake for our next exciting lesson… canoeing!  At first Jeff asked us who thinks they are a canoe person?  Having done it before I raised my hand.  But after getting out there and sitting in the bow of the boat thinking I want to sit in the stern.  I wasn’t ready to try and learn a new position in the canoe.  But after an hour I started to get the hang of it a started to have fun learning the numerous techniques to controlling the canoe.  As the day went on the communication between the team got better and if it stays on the up and up I cannot wait to this journey with them.

No comments:

Post a Comment