Saturday, August 12, 2017

Journal #1

8/12/17
Author: Kara Sahagian
Location: Horn Field Campus

I woke up this morning realizing that this trip was not just a fantasy or a dream, ECOEE 2017 was happening and it was happening today!
At 11:00am we started our ECOEE 2017 adventure out at Horn Field Campus. It was great to see everyone’s face again and share things we did over the summer as well as learn what we were all excited about to see while on our trip.
As we sat down and Jeff talked for what seemed like half a day, all the stress and anxiety hit me like a thousand-pound weight on my head.
A few thoughts that went through my mind were: “We are actually doing this….”We are really going to be on ECOEE for 4 months…”, and I am so not going to remember all of this information.”
We learned a lot today and yet I still feel unprepared. One thing that I did learn today is that I am so excited for this crazy adventure we call ECOEE. It is so comforting knowing that we are all in this together.
Day one of ECOEE 2017 is complete!
“The very basic core of a man’s living spirit is his passion for adventure” – Chris McCandless

Let the adventure begin!

No comments:

Post a Comment