Monday, August 28, 2017

August 28th


Chris Friday                                                                                                               

It kind of figures I would get the journal today, it is my birthday after all. Despite my best efforts to keep my birthday to myself, everyone somehow, magically knew anyway. I should know better than to expect things to remain a secret with this group of individuals. I tell one person and naturally, everyone knows. It was a pretty good day none the less though. The island we slept on had some of the worst mosquitos I have ever experienced and they just never stopped their assault on us until the moment we left their island. We left with a rather awkward amount of weight to our canoes. This was due to us having one extra person than the canoes allowed for. Emily had to sit on all the barrels and bills bags, which made things much, much harder to control than the fetch we experienced the day before. One exceptionally pleasant thing about today was that I finally was able to paddle with Emma. Despite several people thinking it would result in us fighting, it went great. This was definitely our most efficient  paddling day as a group yet, mostly due to us finally being able to stay together as a convoy for the first time ever. This was truly a big step for us. For dinner, Bob made this chili mac concoction that ended up being the best meal I have had on Ecooe thus far. I may have spilled about half the noodles, but it still worked out pretty good. We all found out later this night that Bob can indeed be sensitive. He opened up to someone for the first time ever. His rock, Jeff. As I am trying to fight off the latest mosquito hoard of our new camp spot, I have come to one realization. Bob was right, the deet elixir doesn’t in fact work.


No comments:

Post a Comment