Tuesday, August 22, 2017

Bon Voyage


Kara Sahagian
8/22/17

Today started out by me waking up to the sound of rain which followed by the discovery that my rain gear was unfortunately outside of our tent. I raced out and scrambled to get everything together so that Bozman and I could set out on our adventure.
We got our canoe out on the river and set off into the foggy, Canadian sunrise. We saw a cute little beaver swimming in the distance. When we reached an opening in the woods, we stored the canoe away to retrieve on our journey back. We headed the rest of the way on foot to the vans. I soon realized that I had brought way too much stuff with me. I guess there is such a thing as being over prepared. Once we got to the vans, we took off down the road to Mattice. When we reached just about our 4-hour mark, Ashley pulled off into an empty parking lot. “I wonder if she’s lost”, “Maybe something is wrong”. These are the thoughts that popped into my head but nope; she just needed a 15-minute nap. After our much needed cat nap, we continued onward to our Mattice destination. Once there, we noticed no one was home but no panicking was had. However, we both knew this was not good. Ashley had the idea to go down the road to a campsite and ask if they knew where the people were at Misanaibi Outfitters. After a half hour of sitting at a loud, French lady’s home and listening to her talk to several people in French, we finally got a hold of Denise.
A few mishaps were happened shortly after that but will be left between Ashley and I on her behalf. We finally got the van in its right spot and started our 5-hour journey back down to Hawk Junction. We saw a wolf on the side of the road, which has to be the coolest thing I’ve ever seen.

We made it back to Hawk Junction where Ashley made the brave decision for us to head back instead of sleeping in the van. We finally made it back to camp with daylight to spare. As we rolled up to our campsite, in our canoe, I realized the faces I was gazing at were my family for the next 4 months. I am so very glad to be back with my ECOEE 2017 family.

No comments:

Post a Comment