Friday, August 18, 2017

August 18th


Chris Friday                                                                                                    


Today was long, very long. I’ve just finished planning out our first week on the river and am now writing this going on midnight. My desire to stay awake is fading, but I know my chores are not yet done. So here I am. Today began as a rainy cold morning, following an even rainier night. We left Hartwick Pines to make our way to Fort Mackinac for an interpretation program, which I was unable to stay for due to me conjuring up some sort of new found Ecoee plague. Hopefully, I can prevent this one from spreading like the one that many of us suffered from in the spring. We then went to a Sawmill where Beaver Bob gave an interpretation on how water powered sawmills operate. I for one, still think his beard was fake, Boz claims otherwise. I suppose she would know better due to her other half’s impressive facial hair. His interpretation program was excellent and I think we all learned a lot about how to go about doing a proper interpretation program. After Beaver Bob and the Sawmill, we made our way to Carp River National Forest, where we set up camp for the next two nights. About as soon as we set up camp, Emma, Austin, and I began our planning process…kinda. Jeff had other plans before we could actually begin making the Itinerary for us all. We of course were going at it all wrong until the earthly wisdom of Jeff being Jeff showed us a much longer, but simpler path to successfully planning out our first week on the river. As I sit here trying to stay awake writing this, I can’t help but to look forward to Monday and actually beginning our Canadian journey. Good luck to all future Lows and start your planning process before the Friday you inherit the Low position. That is all I have to say about that.  


No comments:

Post a Comment