Friday, August 25, 2017

The Perfect Storm

Ashley Demers
August 25, 2017

Today is the day where we finally face the rapids with the canoes. While packing my river bag I could not focus, all I could think about was how the rapid felt when floating down yesterday. We finally get into the canoes and Jeff and Chris go first heading straight into the chute. As we all follow its finally Julia and my turn to go, I straighten us out as best as I can. My heart racing, pounding to the point I can’t hear my own thoughts, and then Boom! We charge through the rapids, drawing right, prying left, hitting each wave and feeling their motion. After all three rapids my adrenaline rush for each grew and grew. I can’t wait for all the rapids we will face! When we finished Long Rapids we came across a Native American called the Lone Wolf. He was upset we took over his land, but soon found out why we were here. He intrigued us with his stories and pulled us in to speak on the sacred pipe. His story of how him and his people brought it into his culture and how it connected to the spirits all lead up to the ceremony. After that, the lone wolf disappeared and was never seen again. After he went missing we went on with our day and were taught more lessons. We could hardly stay focused because this little red squirrel, Kara named Hammie kept getting close wanting our food. After the day was basically over we, being (Bob, Emma and I) came back to our tent to find that the profit has leaked yet again. We did our best to tighten the straps and soak up the water. But after Boz and I checked we found where the water would be coming from. But Jeff the Grey came to the rescue with the circus teepee and our night has just begun.   

No comments:

Post a Comment