Saturday, August 19, 2017

Journal #5


8/15/17
Location: Horn Field Campus, Ray Gator's home (Rockford, MI)
Author: Ashley Demers

Dreading to wake up before the sunrise after a long stressful night of packing. Today was finally the day we got on the road. Trying to eat breakfast with a belly full of butterflies was a harder task than I thought. Thinking about this drive I knew it was going to be a long drive in the vans. We grabbed our belongings and hopped in the vans. As we pulled out of Horn Field Campus and soon out of Macomb, the anxious excitement of ECOEE started to hit me. With all this excitement of traveling I couldn’t fall asleep right away. I tried to focus on reading and looking over assignments, but I couldn’t even do that. My mind was on Canada and only that. I kept telling myself; we’re going to Canada finally, we’re actually on the road.
Jeff was right when he said most people just sleep in the vans. At some point I’m pretty sure we all dozed off for some short time. Miles later, we finally crossed into Michigan, where we met Jeff’s one and only friend, Ray. We ate an amazing meal I’ve never had before, Chinese hamburger, sadly I forgot to ask Jeff’s mom for the recipe. Ray’s home is hidden in the woods and oh so pretty. He showed us around and taught us about some animals and their habitats. Oh and don’t let me forget he fooled us! He made us believe there were fireflies mating in the tree, when actually it was a projector. Today was a great first start on the road; I can’t wait to see what the future has in stored for us.


“ A river cuts through a rock, not because of its power, but because of it’s persistence.”

No comments:

Post a Comment