Friday, November 10, 2017

She Who Must Not Be Named


By Tracy Ellis

November 10, 2017

            I am going to begin this journal entry with a short story about an unknown girl. We can call her, She Who Must Not Be Named. She once had the most beautiful pair of sun spectacles that matched the beautiful turquoise of the ocean. But then, a very large unknown force smashed them, and her heart was broken. After much sadness, she finally agreed to purchase new sun spectacles. And although these are not her best accessory, the corn rows helped her rock those new shades. Two beautiful sunny days allowed her to cherish the new purchase. Until, the same large unknown force took them away from her. She Who Must Not Be Named has learned a valuable lesson about how well she takes care of sun spectacles. End story. Dang, I don’t know who that girl is, but I hope that doesn’t happen to me. Today we left Gilligan’s Island…er…bay and took off towards our next destination. Our group did well staying in the diamond formation, and Emma did well peeing at every break. We made it to Punta Pescador in good time and were extremely anxious to get in the water and snorkel. But first, we discussed a book report, and a controversial issue. When we made it to the water the sun was almost behind the mountains, but gave us just enough time to explore the wonders of the ocean before it retired for the night. It was extremely funny to come to the surface and hear all the gasps of excitement coming from the snorkels. That was truly an experience that I will never forget. We then got a nice dinner after the sun went down. When we went to the water to rinse our food bowls we witnessed something amazing, bioluminescent algae! Every time we moved the shore line lit up with specs of green that reminded me of stars. It was simply amazing. Despite falling down a hill and ruining my favorite shorts, and some girl breaking her sunglasses, as well as cutting my hand, today was another good day on our ECOEE adventure. Francisco ended our night with a much needed and well said debrief that I am now going to stare into the stars and reflect on. Happy day 91, good night my fellow ECOEEANS.

P.S the finding nemo band aid on my cut is reminding me to just keep swimming.  


No comments:

Post a Comment