Tuesday, November 21, 2017

Macombie Homie


By: Emily Maze
November 21, 2017
We woke up reluctantly because of the late night, but luckily Santa Emma bought us all Monsters and a Redbull for me so we could stay up working on homework. Austin and Tracy gave their last outdoor education lessons and we headed off to Macomb.

            Along the way, I mostly slept while others worked on homework. When I was awake, Tracy, Kara, and I were talking about the challenges and differences Kara faced going to Western when she lived in Florida. Tracy and I laughed at how 75 degrees Fahrenheit is considered cold in Florida. One of Kara’s first posts at Western say, “Yes, the leaves are extremely pretty here in the fall but don’t be mistaken. I’d give my left hand to be in the Florida warmth right now; especially since it’ll probably fall off this winter anyways.” She also worried about not having enough to do in Macomb because of how busy Florida life is.

            Kara has grown a lot since then though. She has survived the Tetons, come home and wore a t-shirt when others thought it was cold, and she has learned to relax and enjoy the fun simple times with friends.

            Here we are entering Macomb with mixed feelings. It feels so surreal. It’s hard to describe but I think the closest I can get is we are big fish back in a small pond again because we’ve seen, done, and grown so much while others are in school and stagnant in growth.

            Here we are on our last day of travelling together on ECOEE…

            Tomorrow afternoon, we will split ways for Thanksgiving and have to constantly describe ECOEE to friends and family. When we get back together for the last two weeks, it’ll be evaluations and cleaning. We’ve all heard that this’ll be the toughest two weeks, but I know we can push through it as a group. I know we will get together in the future.

            Peace out,

                        ECOEE 2017

No comments:

Post a Comment