Saturday, November 18, 2017

Grand Canyon


By: Kara Sahagian
November 18, 2017
I woke up in tears. I dreamt about our end of the semester ECOEE celebration.  I pushed that thought out of my head because I did not want to think about how our greatest adventure is almost to a halt. It was a good thing that we woke up in the Grand Canyon so that I could fill the cracks of my heart with gorgeous views and precious memories. My mind was blown when Jeff told us that Lake Michigan could fill the Grand Canyon 10 times over. My favorite view was the Desert View Watchtower. While there. We saw a spectacular view of the Colorado River. Several of us had out last Outdoor Education lessons. Chris explained how the Grand Canyon was formed, Emma taught us about the planets in our solar system, I covered characteristics of reptiles and amphibians, and Tracy shared her knowledge of leaves with us. I felt my lungs inflate with the onrush of scenery-- air, mountains, trees, people. I thought, this is what it is to be happy.

No comments:

Post a Comment