Saturday, November 11, 2017

New Day, New Experiences


By: Austin Orr
November 11, 2017


“The key to success is self-confidence, the key to self-confidence is preparation.” This quote from Arthur Ash is one that has lifted my spirits and challenged me to take on a new week as LOW. Today was the day I say goodbye to one LOW and hello to the new LOW. The day started with me and Sean discussing our views on the group and the plan for the week. Within transition over to talking about the day and what the group should expect. After a LOW debrief of myself and Emily some members of the group went to enjoy snorkeling while myself and Boz talked about my next interp video. After a chicken and beans tortilla lunch we moved on to our next campground on our kayak expedition. It wasn’t a long trek but it is only one stop on our way to our next. After arriving at Quamado Bay we put the kayaks asleep and enjoyed our Saturday off. We had a moon lesson from Emma who found out physics was not her friend. Afterwards we played in Uno and it got really intense. This expedition as a whole has pushed me to my limits and beyond. I have been challenged in ways I never expected. It's sad to think in only 10 more days we will be leaving for Thanksgiving break. Where has the time gone. It feels like only yesterday we were in Canada and now we're finishing our expedition in Mexico. Good night and see everyone at home soon.


No comments:

Post a Comment