Monday, November 6, 2017

By: Emma Ngati
November 6, 2017

It is day 87 and the ECOEE sickness now had three more victims. The group left Chris, Boz, and I this morning to go see three more caves. Boz and I played an epic game of 100 dots. We slept, ate some food, and slept some more. When the group arrived back to camp Ricardo and Ramon let some of us ride their mules. We each got to be cowboys for a few moments. A little over halfway through the hike back to Santa Teresa. We stopped to let the mules pass. Ramon’s mule was freed up because he left to go check on his goats. They offered to ride one of us back. We continued on our way back to Santa Teresa and made it back a little after 3 pm. Once we were settled, Chris gave us a report on his book Outdoor Leadership. It is a good book for any aspiring leader and especially applicable for us folks on ECOEE. Leadership is an ongoing process, it does not happen overnight, which is something I must remind myself of on a daily basis. Chris left us all with a very important question of “why do we lead?” I hope all of us took some time to reflect on that, and maybe even give us the motivation we need to finish this trip. After an intense game of ninja with Sean, Kara, Chris, and Ashley, we ate dinner then got settled into our sleeping bags. Tomorrow will be a long day with an early start. I am so thankful that I am feeling better for this hike back to Guadeloupe. I am waiting patiently for my bedtime cheesecake then off to bed I will go.

No comments:

Post a Comment