Sunday, November 19, 2017

A Broken Trailer


By: Chris Friday
November 19, 2017
This morning we awoke in the freezing cold yet again.  I wore three layers and wrapped my feet in a coat in an attempt to stay warm and it still didn’t work. I still like this cold better than the heat of Baja California. We ate a breakfast of biscuits and gravy before we left for our car ride to Colorado Springs. We stopped at a Walmart for some supplies where we learned the door to our trailer was jammed. No matter how much we jimmied that lock, it wouldn’t budge. We decided to stop at a Home Depot to try and get some help with the unlocking of the trailer. Jeff went in alone to try and find some help. He came out with a saw and an extension cord. He said nothing upon his return with his new purchases. We heard rumors throughout our remaining car ride, but nothing was confirmed until we got to our Super 8 in Colorado Springs that yes, he would be sawing his way into the trailer. He sawed a hole in the back of the trailer and then sent Emma in to unlock it from the inside. This was quite the event to see as we all gathered around to watch her crawl through. At dinner everyone seemed to think I had disappeared. Luckily I was found in the front of the building, safe, talking on the phone. I’m sorry for running off everyone. It was a rather late of homework for me as I’m writing this at 3 in the morning. As I’m writing this, a rather drunk lady named Lily came and sat with me to talk about divorce with me. What a town Colorado Springs is. Tomorrow we head off to Kansas on our journey back to Macomb.

No comments:

Post a Comment