Friday, November 17, 2017

Homebound


By: Austin Orr
November 17, 2017


*Tink**Tink**Tink* What is that strange noise? *Tink**Tink**Tink*it can't be but sure enough it was. Sean and myself were awakened by the disturbing sound of rain this morning. You may be thinking “it's only rain. No big deal.” Right? But what you don't know is that we did not put the rain fly on, so we got up, put it on, and went back to bed. After I heard my alarm go off I went off to set out to see if the rumors were true. The rumor that the only source of water was a trek and a half away. After getting turned around and lost 3 times I found a map. It sadly showed me the truth to the rumor. It wasn't until I returned that I realized our jugs were already full. After breakfast we loaded up and started making our way to the Grand Canyon. On this long drive we all started talking about what Dundee awards each one of us should receive. I can't wait to see what we all come up with or receive. I took this time to map out my trip on an assignment and then it hit me. Time energy control plans are not my friend. As time went on I took the time to go through interviews I have done and got them ready for my video. It's hard to imagine that this is coming to an end. It feels like only yesterday we were in Canada and in Mexico the next. Three more weeks and this chapter in our lives will come to an end. We have learned a lot but not all that we need to know the best educators we can be. When one door closes, another one opens.

“When it rains look for rainbows, when its dark look for the stars.” Me, myself, and I

No comments:

Post a Comment